Thursday, February 16, 2012

Some random administrative notes:

I appreciate the fact that people are coming here and checking out this blog, especially since I know that most of the time I'm meandering on about things that aren't necessarily that important in anyone's life.  In the last month, the average has been about 9 hits per day, not exactly in the same league with a baby licking the cat's ass on You Tube, but it's a beginning.

Many, perhaps most, of you receive these posts in your email (curiously, I don't even know where in the blog one goes to make that selection), and I appreciate your willingness to let me clutter up your inbox.  Still, if there is a post once in a while that particularly irritates you or that you particularly like, I encourage you to go to the blog and leave a comment. 

One reader (Bob P), who happens to be an old high school friend with whom I have been exchanging emails (sometimes multiple emails per day) for about a year now, has very graciously been leaving comments of late on the blog.  These are not private dialogues and I know I speak for him as well as myself when I say we would welcome the involvement of interested others. I realize that clarifying adjective "interested" is going to leave most of you out, most of the time.  But every once in a while, you might feel like sharing your opinions, and please know they will be welcome. 

Our exchanges sometimes take on a He Said/She Said tone (Jane, you ignorant slut......), which probably doesn't exactly encourage you to jump in but, in reality, we are both reasonably civil and can even admit mistakes now and then.  At least Bob can; I am not sure if I will be able to, should the time ever come when he makes a convincing argument. Ok, enough, you get the idea.

A user-friendly change to the blog:  Heitor has very kindly shown me how to attach a video to the blog instead of just printing the link to the video.  Some of you may have noticed that the Stephen Colbert video about table saws was first just a copy of the link, and later changed to the video itself.  You can thank Heitor.


3 comments:

Bob P said...

"Old high school friend." What an awful epithet. In private, we may be able to deny "old," but out here on the internet, in the light of day, doesn't work.

Thanks for reminding me, "old" friend. Actually, I have to congratulate you that you have remained young. Way to go.

I would echo your invitation to join in the discussions. Just today, something I wrote three years ago was quoted back to me, and I will try to do better. It was not very good.

Gerald Martin said...

Bob, You don't need to go back three years. I can quote something back to you that you wrote this morning that wasn't very good. Just saying.

I do appreciate your tact, however. You may congratulate me on remaining young, but I know you really mean immature.

Bob P said...

Boy, did I walk into that one. But, was it "better" not-so-good?