Thursday, April 11, 2013

Clever Baseball Announcers

Some time ago in an earlier post I committed myself, whether anyone cares or not, to post things I hear on baseball broadcasts this year that I think are humorous, or otherwise worth noting.

I'm watching a game between the White Sox and the Nationals tonight. Alex Rios of the White Sox so far in the series has 7 hits in 11 at bats. The Nationals' announcers are discussing how hot he is (as a baseball hitter, although I think he's pretty hot in other ways too) and what they can do about him.

One of the announcers instantly said "Blame it on Rios." It just occurred to me now that the line may have been thought of last night over a few drinks in the hotel bar after the game, and I merely assumed it was spontaneous when I heard it tonight.

At any rate, I will credit it, whether spontaneous or the result of alcohol-induced creativity at some other time and merely remembered, which is noteworthy in itself, because I usually forget all the clever things that come to me while tippling.

No comments: