Monday, January 20, 2014

Tweet, Tweet, Tweet

Roger Cohen has written a good reminder about the unpleasantness of technological curmudgeons, as well as the futility. It's called Twitter-Bashing Bores. The cardinal rule:
Thou shalt not complain about social media or judge the habits of a generation you do not understand.

I don't know that Cohen says anything you haven't already thought of on our own, or certainly heard before, but it is probably good to remind ourselves on a regular basis of these things.

Of course I still believe that the U.S. is going to hell in a handbasket, but it's probably not becaue of twitter. It's actually because of the least technological citizens, not the most technological. And, taking Cohen's commandment literally, I presume I have enough knowledge of Facebook to criticize it.

Actually, from what I've read lately, Facebook will probably become the social media for people of  "a certain age," as younger users abandon it.

No comments: