Thursday, May 17, 2012

This Is Going To Get So Freaking Ugly

I guess Romney has repudiated the ad, or the proposed ad, or the denied-that-it-was-proposed-even-though-it-really-was ad, of "his" super PAC to link President Obama with "the incendiary" Reverend Jeremiah Wright.  The rules are so complicated.  Candidates can't coordinate (wink, wink, nudge, nudge) but they can repudiate.

“I repudiate that effort,” Mr. Romney told reporters at an impromptu news conference Thursday in Jacksonville, Fla. “I think it’s the wrong course for a PAC or a campaign.”
But you can only expect so much from him.

At the same time, Mr. Romney stood by remarks made in February on Sean Hannity’s radio show that Mr. Obama wanted to make America “a less Christian nation.” 

 “I’m not familiar, precisely, with exactly what I said, but I stand by what I said, whatever it was,” Mr. Romney said.

No comments: