Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Just Like Fox News

To be fair and balanced, it's sad that the reason given for Obama's not meeting with Netanyahu while the latter is in NYC at the UN, is a scheduling problem. I believe I read, but cannot now confirm, that the conflict had to do with a campaign commitment.

It is a relatively small point compared to the crude heavy-handed attempts Netanyahu is making to interfere in the U.S. election, which I have a feeling might backfire. But I wish Obama had gone out of his way to meet with the prick.

I like Bill Keller's comment, referring to Romney and Netanyahu: "When it comes to international diplomacy, we are reminded this week, both have the subtle grace of cattle on loco weed."

If this post hasn't seemed fair and balanced as promised in the first few words, refer to the title.

2 comments:

Bob Peterson said...

I didn't know that Netanyahu was "a prick." Good to know.

Gerald Martin said...

I guess you haven't been paying attention.