Saturday, January 28, 2012

A story in the NY Times, and the movie Beginners has me pondering something. The NYT article is about Jonathan Galassi, the "president and publisher of Farrar, Straus and Giroux, a trustee of Phillips Exeter Academy and an acclaimed translator of the Italian poets Eugenio Montale and Giacomo Leopardi," and a poet himself, who in his new book, Left-Handed, comes out as a gay man at the age of 62. I haven't seen Beginners, but it has a similar theme.

OOOPS. This is not ready for posting. I hit the wrong button. I'll finish it later.

1 comment:

Gerald Martin said...

I often start writing thinking that I know where I'm going, and then find I can't quite get there. That's when I click on "save" in the hope I can come back later and do better. In this particular case, I can't make the generalizations I had in mind, and it deserves to be aborted. The "save" and "publish" buttons shouldn't be so close together.