Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Jonathan Borovsky: Man With A Briefcase

I love this piece of sculpture, located on the General Mills campus in Minneapolis, but I have always thought it a strange work for a corporate setting.  To me it has always seemed like the business man who wasn't there. It's a negative image.

While searching on the internet for Borovsky's first name, I find that he has done an exact same piece for Burnett Plaza in Ft. Worth.  I wonder how many more there are scattered about the world. Somebody is getting screwed.

By the way, General Mills was ranked No. 1 in Forbes magazine this month as “The Most Reputable Company in America” – up from No. 15 last year. I'm reasonably sure that has nothing to do with the fact that two of my friends left the company in March.








No comments: