Saturday, March 17, 2012

Blog Address...What is it?

I'd appreciate it if someone in the US (or Mexico) would tell me the url address of this blog.

I am virtually positive the address was always lifeinsaopaul.blogspot.com. Today I find that I have to put ".br" at the end of the address to get to the blog. Or, if I don't type the extra two letters, sometimes the computer will go to the blog site, but it adds on the ".br" by itself.

The ".br" is a Brazilian identifier, but I don't know when it became essential.  For example you can go to Yahoo.com or to Yahoo.com.br. They are two distinct sites with distinct homepages. And I create the blog at blogspot.com, without the added ".br"

I'd appreciate it if someone would write a comment and let me know.

Thanks.

8 comments:

Fred said...

This will confuse you further, Gerry--
When I clicked on the link in your e-mail (announcing the new blog), it went to this url:
http://lifeinsaopaulo.blogspot.mx/2012/03/blog-addresswhat-is-it.html
Note the mx in the URL-- my ISP is in Mexico.

When I go to your blog, and select "follow this blog" (actually in Spanish-- again, presumably because my ISP is in Mexico), it provides this URL:
http://lifeinsaopaulo.blogspot.com/

Nowhere did I get the br in the URL.

So it looks like it depends on the location of the person's ISP. And it also appears you can use just the basic address (without the country identifier).

Gerald Martin said...

Thanks, Fred, that's helpful. Although it's all still a little confusing too. I'm still hopeful to hear from someone in the US.

Rosemary said...

Gerry, the address within the US is http://www.lifeinsaopaulo.blogspot.com/

When I click on anything within the blog (such as comments), I then get the longer url as Fred mentioned.

Rosemary said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gerald Martin said...

Rosemary and Fred - Thanks. At least now I can feel comfortable giving the address to people in the US without adding the "br"

Gerald Martin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bob Peterson said...

Mine is the same as Rosemary's. But why are the comments deleted? Adds to the mystery, you clever one.

Gerald Martin said...

Bob-Good question. For some reason Rosemary's comment and my response to her and Fred were both duplicated. So...I deleted the duplicates. Nothing sinister.