Saturday, March 10, 2012

My New Thing...Women You've Never Heard Of


Olympia Brown

Olympia Brown (January 5, 1835 – October 23, 1926) was an American suffragist. She is regarded as the first woman to graduate from a theological school, as well as becoming the first full time ordained minister. Brown was also one of the few first generation suffragists who were able to vote with the passage of the 19th amendment.
 
"The old testament teems with prophecies of the Messiah, but nowhere is it intimated that that Messiah is to stand as a God to be worshipped.  He is to bring peace on earth, to build up the waste spaces--to comfort the broken-hearted, but nowhere is he spoken of as a deity." 












1 comment:

Bob Peterson said...

OOOOO. I like it. Unique. If I find anything that would fit, I will give you a shout.

Don't think I would like to cross paths with this lady.