Monday, March 12, 2012

I knew São Paulo wasn´t exactly tropical, but still I didn´t think I was retiring in Alaska either.

It has hailed in the afternoon for two consecutive days.  This is the accumulation in the drain area of our little outdoor area today.

I know; it´s a big ho-hum to you, and it seems to be to everyone in São Paulo also. I´m probably the only one in town surprised enough to take a foto.

It reminds me of the time when I lived in Tulare, CA and woke up in the dark to let the dogs out and found everything buried in snow.  It was the most snow in 30+ years there. School was canceled, and it seemed like all the kids in town were in their front yard making snowmen.

I remember thinking those kids had probably never in their lives exhibited so much energy so early in the morning. (But I was probably just being an unreasonable old curmudgeon, I know.)

1 comment:

Bob Peterson said...

We have something in common today, Gerry. It snowed last night and several times today in Portland. Meanwhile, 82 degrees today and tomorrow in Kansas City.

I had no idea there was inclement weather in Sao Paulo. Since you said hail, I assume it was violent, with thunder and so on?? But you don't have winter, as such, do you? And it is now late summer?